Happy March! I'm so excited for this new month. Longer days, the arrival of spring, my 5K race, and daylight saving time begins. Plus, we’re headed to see Dawes in Kalamazoo, a comedy show for LaughFest here in Grand Rapids, and Eric has a few fun shows coming up as well. But! All plans aside, this month I’m ready to kick butt on my goals. It’s the end of the first quarter of the year, and I’m ready to make progress on all the things. ALL THE THINGS!
So let’s take a peek at February. Not my fave month, let’s just say that.
- Complete a 19-day no dining out challenge | NOPE. Didn’t even come close. I’m pretty sure we didn’t dine out 9 days last month. That means we dined out 19 days. And it definitely showed… in my weight loss goals and our dining-out budget.
- Pay down $1,000 on credit card debt | Accomplished! We paid down $1,500 on credit card debt! Woop!
- Train for the 5K in March | Mostly accomplished. I did great all the weeks, until the last week of February, which I’m kindly naming “demon week”. It just wasn’t my week.
- Finish reading Present over Perfect | Done! A few of the key messages in that book definitely hit home for me, and are a good reminder to just chill out sometimes and stop obsessing and just be in the moment because you like those moments better anyway. ;)
- File taxes and make a budget for refund amount | So this was a depressing part of the month. We always get a refund, but this year… we ended up having to pay. So! Sort of accomplished? But instead of making a budget, we’re going to have to pay a little bit. Boo.
Here are my small goals for March to get closer to my BIG goals!
- Complete a 20-day no dining out challenge | Okay, I’m ready to try this again. We have a longer month in March, but this should be doable. I already made a monthly meal plan factoring in the meals we can dine out (mostly Friday/Saturday nights and one brunch per weekend) and if we decide to eat out on a Wednesday, then we have to eat in on the weekend. That's that.
- Pay down another $1,000 on credit card debt | If we do this exact thing this month, and next month, guess what. We’ll be out of credit card debt. So close! This is already budgeted in our March budget, so we should be able to do this unless we really truly suck at dining out. Let’s not do that.
- Finish reading The Curated Closet and implement | So I’m about 1/4 of the way through The Curated Closet, and I’m really taking my time with it and following all of the assignments. My goal this month is to finish reading the book, doing all of the tasks, and get my closet feeling so so good for spring.
- Run a 5K race | I’m already signed up! I just have to finish out my training for the next two weeks and take it seriously! No skipping training runs, otherwise I know that morning is going to suck. Have you ever ran a 5K without training? I have. It sucks.
- Publish 12 posts on Selective Potential | Posts are already planned and scheduled in the calendar. I have a bunch of collabs (and new clothes!) so I really gotta get my booty into gear here and start snapping photos more nights than not. Thankfully with the days getting longer, this is so much easier!
I hope you guys enjoy these posts, and a little peek into what my goals are for the month! What are your goals? I’d love to hear and maybe get some inspiration for future goals! Hope you all have an amazing and productive March. Cheers to a new month! xo