April showers bring May flowers! We’re finally onto our first full month of spring. While it’s currently “slushing” outside (ugh), I’m looking forward to warmer temperatures, thunderstorms, and the beauty of spring that’s just around the corner. Can’t wait to start seeing those blooming trees! This month looks pretty low-key. Eric has a lot of shows, we’re celebrating Easter with family, birthdays, and a friend’s bridal shower. Other than that… not much is going on! Like I briefly mentioned in my last post, I’m trying to take my goals a little less seriously in hopes to eliminate some added stress/anxiety I put on myself for really no reason.
So… for a little recap of March’s small goals:
- Complete a 20-day no dining out challenge | We came pretty close, but didn’t hit exactly 20 (I think we hit 18, so really not bad.)
- Pay down another $1,000 on credit card debt | Done! I’m SO CLOSE, you guys! By the end of April, I will be completely out of credit card debt. I have a few other small miscellaneous debts, but credit cards will be paid off.
- Finish reading The Curated Closet and implement | Didn’t get this done. I’m about half way through right now though, and feeling SO much better. I also kind of got distracted by Un-Fancy’s blog this month, and really worked through my loungewear wardrobe and reorganized my closet based on her closet tour, so I’m not mad about progress.
- Run a 5K race | Done! I ran the Irish Jig 5K in 34 minutes. I was honestly just glad to finish without having to walk at all! It was crummy rainy weather, and those hills sort of hurt, but I did it!
- Publish 12 posts on Selective Potential | I published… 8. So not exactly. I don’t know why, I have no more excuses — the weather is better, we have daylight until 8pm. I just like my free-time and Netflix a little too much sometimes, haha.
Here are my small goals for April — a little more lighthearted, and not so stressful this month:
- Pay off all credit card debt | Okay fine, ONE serious goal. But only because I know we can absolutely do it, and I’m SO excited about it.
- Plan an IKEA shopping trip | We’re headed to the east side in May, so I want to plan a small IKEA shopping list to finish my closet project! I’m hoping by then, I’ll be done with The Curated Closet, and I just want to pick up a few fun things: baskets to store accessories, pretty wood hangers, drawer dividers, and a new laundry basket.
- Make a new recipe for Wine Club | I’m constantly pinning ideas to my Wine Club board, and usually I’m great at trying new recipes… but I’ve sort of fallen off the last couple of months. My goal is to try something new to share with my favorite gals!
- Spend time with family | We already have plans on Easter to spend with Eric’s family, and then my Dad’s birthday is also this month, and I also want to pop over and have dinner with my Mom.
- Get my car professionally detailed for summer | As soon as these April showers are over, I’m going to schedule an appointment to get my car professionally detailed. I’ve never had it detailed before, and I’m sort of dying to have it done. I seriously LOVE a clean car, riding with the windows down, music blaring. The best.
I hope you guys enjoy these posts! What are your goals for this month? I'd love to hear!