We're already a full week into June… holy moly! I’m excited for this month, because summer is officially here. It’s not technically summer yet, but it sure does feel like it. We’re supposed to hit the 90s this weekend! This month is chocked full of plans that kick off summer festivities — lots of social gatherings (bachelorette parties, shows, etc.) and at the end of the month I have a full week off for the fourth of July. I haven’t had a week off since last June, so I’m really excited for that. While I’m hoping time slows down a little (I’m going to try to apply the brakes as much as I can), I still have a few goals I want to accomplish!
But let’s take a quick peek at my May goals.
- Run the River Bank Run 5K | Done! Eric and I both ran, and finished in 33 minutes. Not bad! Of course I felt a twinge of “you should have ran the 10K” but quickly pushed that from my mind and felt proud about running the 5K!
- Visit the tulip fields | Done! Honestly my favorite night of spring. The atmosphere was perfect, the photos turned out to be some of my favorites, and I just LOVE Holland during Tulip Time.
- Finish organizing closet | Not done… but I did at least get all of the supplies to finish this project! New hangers and baskets from IKEA, a new step-ladder so I can reach everything in my closet, and new drawer organizers. I’ll finish this project soon though, and update about it!
- Get a blue dot everyday | On WW, if you stay within the “healthy eating zone” you get a blue dot, and I didn’t even come close to getting a blue dot everyday. I’m rethinking my approach to food/fitness right now, so I’ll chat more about that later. But right now I’m feeling good (and tracking more blue dots than not this month)!
- Plan a weekend trip for July | Done! We have a fun weekend booked to Beaver Island in July… and I bought a new bicycle for our trip to the lighthouse! Can’t wait!
Here are my small goals for June:
- Work on building a healthier relationship with food and fitness | I’ve always (always) viewed healthy eating and exercise as a way to see a lower number on the scale, and that’s not healthy for my body OR my mind. So I got rid of my scale, and I’m working on rethinking my mindset in this area. I’ll update more later!
- Save half of our “emergency fund” | According to Dave Ramsey (obsessed, I know), you should have 3-6 months of expenses saved… and my goal by the end of the month is to have half of that saved. We focused so long on getting out of credit card debt that it’s amazing to be able to SAVE that money now!
- Host another online sale | I still have items leftover from my closet sale a few months ago, plus new things to add, so I’m hoping to host another online sale soon! Not sure if I’m going to use IG (had so many issues last time). Any recommendations on selling clothes online? Poshmark? IG? Setting up a little online store?
- Make blogging more of a priority | I seriously published 3 blog posts in May. That’s so depressing! I’m definitely hoping to change that. My IDEAL goal (with working full-time and doing everything else that I do) is to publish 3x a week, but even that seems like a lot of work nowadays. If I can get 2 posts up a week, I’ll consider this an accomplishment.
- Try a new sangria recipe | For Wine Club this month, the theme is “sangria” and I’m hoping to try a new recipe! I’m hoping to maybe do something peach… or something that incorporates ginger beer. We’ll see.
I hope you guys enjoy these posts! What are your goals for this month? I'd love to hear!