Heading into the winter months, I always make sure I take the time to pay closer attention to my hair routine. The cold winter months can be very damaging to your hair, even without the added stress of blow drying, curling, straightening, and so on. It’s important to use products meant for repair this time of year! That’s why I’m using the Gliss™ by Schwarzkopf Ultra Moisture products. Read on for some tips on how to keep your hair strong and healthy this winter season!
This post is sponsored by Gliss by Schwarzkopf. As always, opinions are my own!
I’m excited about these products for a few reasons… they offer intense hydration for ultra moisturized hair which creates a healthy shine. It also helps with hair breakage… up to 85%! I also love that these products contain Keratin Care-19 Complex, which deeply repairs your strands for soft, healthy-looking hair. I’ve been washing my hair with the Gliss Ultra Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner, using the Ultra Moisture Anti-Breakage Treatment a few times a week, and spritzing a little bit of the Ultra Moisture Stress Repair Conditioner when it’s dry. It adds instant hydration (and makes your hair smell SO good!)
A few other tips for keeping your hair strong and healthy this winter season:
- Shampoo a little less if you can. The natural oils of your hair as best for combatting dry, itchy scalp this time of year! When you do use shampoo, use one with Keratin like the Gliss Ultra Moisture Shampoo which reconstructs and renews your hair.
- Use products that focus on intense hydration. Cold, dry hair is not good for any hair type. The only way to fight against it: extra moisture. Always use a conditioner that focuses on intense hydration and softness like Gliss Ultra Moisture Conditioner.
- Focus on weekly hair treatments to keep hair hydrated. Hair dries out in the winter from not having enough moisture in the air, which is where weekly treatments come in handy. Try Gliss Ultra Moisture Anti-Breakage Treatment 2-3 times a week.
- Cut down on heavy heat-styling. Too much heat and dryness will result in split ends and breakage. Give your hair a rest by trying some protective hairstyles like braids, buns, twists, ponytails. I also tie my hair up when I sleep, which helps with breakage as well. Make sure you tie it up loosely… and try a hairband with a knotted end that won’t kink or tug at your hair! If you do curl your hair (which is a must for me), try curling it only a few times a week instead of everyday.
- Use a leave-in conditioner. Leave in conditioners are great for adding extra moisture, but also for detangling (an issue I always have) and static. Try Gliss Ultra Moisture Express Repair Conditioner on wet or dry hair for added benefits. I spray this in when my hair is dry. It smells so good!
You can shop these products here!